Well, Callie and I have been inventing this game for a couple of weeks now and finally played tonite. I'm sore from head to toe... think Callie is too. It started when I mentioned I wanted to try tennis to work on my flabby arms (and exercise the rest of me too). And it just grew... so far here are the rules of Bonkerball...
1. Match can be played with dudes (single player) duos (two players) & tribe (3-4 players) on each team
2. each dude/duo/tribe starts with 100 digs (points) and worked their way down to ZERO
3. if you hit the ball (tennis ball) with your (racketball or tennis) racket and it hits another person you get 25 digs off
4. must wear sweatband on your head, wrist and leg warmers... (not really mandatory but was funny)
5. if you hit the ball over the fence you must go get it
We of course come up with more rules and regulations as we play, and will keep rewriting the rules till they make sense and are doable. We plan to play all summer (hopin for every other day) at the HS or the City Park and then the beginning of October have a 30 game playoff.
We fully expect ESPN to find out and come by for interviews at some point.