Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Fat Man is coming....

Hello... it's the Saturday before Christmas and I woke up in a REALLY good mood.... got lots of rain here in East TX overnight and was about 75 at 6am.... forecast says 64 by lunchtime and 45 by dinnertime.  Gotta Lub TX weather ♥

Have Dish here at the house and it goes off alot during bad weather so hopin I get this post done before it goes off again.

Nothing really to say... just wanted to pop in and spread some cheer....  seems everyone I know is baking Holiday cookies lately, I've sent my addy to many in hopes they will drop some int he mail to me... I can't bake cookies to save my life. ☺


So Merry Christmas Happy Holiday... Have a great season!
****************************
OK I changed my mind.... I do have something to say...
last nite I was talking with a friend who lives in his RV (5th wheel) on his own land, we were talking about RV living, when I said "I have a van and will never be homeless"... last winter, before I had the van I lived in my Firebird for 5 days/nights, not by choice.  That 5 days changed my way of thinking, or validified (if thats even a word) many things I was already thinking about the way I live.  The things I really need.

I've wanted a small RV for a long time and have been talking to people about it alot over the last few years so this path should be no surprise to anyone.  I thought I would make something, not sure what, something that would pack up small maybe in 1 plastic storage bin, and go from market to market peddling my wares for income.  Since making this plan I've dove in full time to peddling my bands, booking tours, confirming gigs in clubs, etc.  BookYou! This endeavor is VERY slow growing, so still thinking of something I can make and peddle at markets on the weekends and between them maybe make a decent living.

So since I said that... I have a van I'll never be homeless... I have thought of little else.  It's a choice, some neccessity, but still a choice.  I'm content, even happy with the thought of adventures to come.  My gypsie Soul is waking up the last few years. ♥

Now making a list of markets... and will peddle my way around the country... how many people get to see the country, meet the people, have these adventures?  Not many at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment